To teach and assess first aid and other health and safety topics requires a number of considerations depending upon where you start from and what you wish to do. Some information here is a repeat of information found elsewhere on this website.

To Teach First Aid:

Hold a current first aid at work certificate or award. Hold the level 3 award in teaching and assessing first aid qualifications. This will allow you to teach and assess first aid at work, emergency first aid at work and paediatric first aid. If wishing to teach outdoor first aid or sport first aid you must hold the certificate or award for the course you wish to teach in addition to FAW. For outdoor first aid you also need to hold an advanced outdoor first aid certificate to comply with the Institute for Outdoor Learning framework for the delivery of outdoor first aid in the UK.

To Teach First Aid and any other Health and Safety Topic or any other subject in the FE sector

You must hold the level 3 award in education and training and the certificates or awards for the subjects in which you wish to teach (occupational competence)

Other considerations

How do you wish to operate? In other words do you wish to set up as a regulated accredited centre with an awarding body such as ITC First? Do you wish to set up your own training business and certificate courses yourself in the independent/unregulated training sector?
Are you looking to deliver courses on behalf of someone else with an option to also deliver your own courses through that provider? If you are interested in the last option Alder Holly offers an associate scheme so that you can do this and we take care of the centre admin and quality assurance allowing you to get on with the teaching!

Please call or email to discuss. Mob 0782 444 9011 email or use the enquiry form.

Find us on Facebook

Head Office and All Bookings
Conwil House, Morse Road, Drybrook, Forest of Dean, Glos, GL17 9AT

Mobile: 0782 444 9011.